Northwest Indiana Landscapers Association
2013 ANNUAL AWARDS announced at Holiday Gala for Toys for Tots
- Alsip's Nursery, 2013 WINNER Vendor Award
- Demonstrated support of NWILA, through support and participation, member nominated
- ffc Fencing, 2013 WINNER Specialty Project of the Year Award
- ie; a project that is unusual or is a portion of a landscape project; pools, wood decks, fencing, lighting, waterfalls, etc.
- Nicky Rich, 2013 WINNER Design Project of the Year Award
- submitted drawings or graphics depicting potential and/or finished projects
- Adam's Landscaping, 2013 WINNER Hardscape Project of the Year Award
- Natural stone projects, patios, fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, driveways, etc.
- Blade Cutters Landscaping, 2013 WINNER Best Use of Planting Display of the Year Award
- Flowers, shrubs, trees within a landscaping project.
- Before and After Pictures required, (minimum of 5 each, max. 15)
- Be sure to take before and after pictures of your 2014 Projects!
Supporting Homeowners, Businesses and Green Industry Professionals
Our members create and maintain the quality of life in communities across Northwest Indiana and the Southeast suburbs of Chicago. NWILA is a non-profit trade association for landscape contractors and their suppliers with members from all across the region. We have been promoting & setting professional standards for the green industry, and have become a valuable resource to the consumer as well as a viable foundation through which a homeowner can ensure that a prospective contractor has the tools, education & professionalism to complete your upcoming project.
Homeowners and Commercial Businesses will find this site a great resource for locating Landscapers in your local area. Our membership directory provides a brief description of each member company and the services they offer. Whatever your specific needs, you will find a NWILA company that can provide you with great service. By hiring a NWILA Landscaper you are hiring a professional who is part of a statewide organization with access to many different educational opportunities and with a commitment to environmental stewardship. Our members are kept up to date on the latest horticultural practices, pruning techniques, lawn care, irrigation, and lighting and hardscape practices through a year- round selection of seminars, workshops, and meetings. There are a lot of Landscaping Companies in North West Indiana and choosing one can be a difficult decision. Find a member of the NWILA near you and let them show you what a professional landscaper can achieve for you.
Landscapers who are not yet members of NWILA will see that all of the information cited for homeowners and business also applies to you, and that is one reason why you should join this professional organization. Our industry is constantly changing and evolving. What was an accepted practice a few years ago may not be the right way to it today. We still see lots of mistakes being made out there that reflect on our industry as a whole. By working closely with the Purdue Horticulture Extension we are constantly exposed to the newest information available.
Another great reason to join NWILA is that it is an excellent networking resource. Connecting with the many great people who make up our membership is invaluable. There are many, many opportunities to talk with and compare notes with your peers. We all run into the same issues and challenges. You can find out how other companies deal with them at our monthly meetings throughout the Year.